Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Swag on

I got swag!


No, not the douchebaggy kinda swag.  This is REAL swag - free stuff!




After our solid performance in the 2013 Apartment Therapy Homie Award vote (thanks again!), I received an email from someone purportedly looking for bloggers to review his new product, the MOS cable organizer.

I don't generally reply to unsolicited emails, but the offer of free goodies for my thoughts was tempting and I didn't have to volunteer any information that wasn't publicly available.  So I fired off a reply and, shockingly,  a few days later it actually showed up.  Maybe I need to start taking those Nigerian dignitaries up on their bank transfer offers.

So here it is - the Magnetic Organization System (MOS)

The MOS is intended to hold cables anywhere, but the most obvious place to use it is on your workspace.  I know that with my increasing collection of electronics, the rats nest behind mine has gotten absolutely out of control, and we all know the pain of having a cable slip into the crevasse behind our desk.  It's the worst.  This product aims to prevent such incidents by keeping your most frequently used connections secure and at hand.


It comes in three shades: black, white, and aluminum.  I chose the aluminum, which was quite attractive.  The texture and color closely resemble that of Apple computers.


Inside the box you'll find the MOS itself, three magnetic cable ties, an instruction booklet, and an adhesive pad.  I frequently reorganize my desk, so I skipped out on the pad.  It's supposed to keep the MOS from sliding around, but I found that the weight of the organizer alone is enough to keep everything snug.


The magnet inside the MOS is strong enough that the colorful ties are only necessary if your cable doesn't have a metal end.  Each contains a small magnet and wraps around the cord, holding it securely to the organizer.



Overall, the product looks solid.  It's well-built, attractive, and works as advertised.  That's all you can really ask of anything. So, if you're tired of cable wrangling, go check the MOS out over at Amazon.

Also, if you happen to have any new products that you'd like reviewed or swag to share, you know who to get in touch with ;)

7 comments:

  1. That's funny - they contacted me as well! (I declined, but it looks cool.) I would guess the Homies makes for some good blog name collecting.

    Congrats on the good showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin. It's not the most exciting thing ever, but certainly useful. Free makes it even better!

      Delete
  2. That looks pretty cool! Should I be offended that nobody sent me any swag? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe they didn't send one your way. You've been raking in the page views.

      Delete
    2. Also, how is the house progressing?

      Delete
  3. Sorry I didn't get past the part about Nigerian Dignitaries LMFAO, finally someone with a mildly sarcastic sense of humour. My GF would probably love the little gadget though, she's like Cliff Huxtable when it comes to collecting gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just coming out with too much cool stuff! I got one of those Android mini sticks the other day and the thing is seriously tiny, but it came with about 20 feet of cords. It's getting out of control.

      Delete