Friday, September 30, 2011

PLASTI DIY



Why did I not hear about this stuff earlier?  It looks AMAZING!

If you haven't seen Plasti Dip in action, its a spray paint-like substance (it also comes in traditional liquid form) used to coat hard-to-paint surfaces such as plastic, metal, glass, etc.

"What's the big deal? There are a ton of products like that out there," you might be saying.  Well, the differentiator is that Plasti Dip isn't really paint.  It's plastic, so it doesn't actually adhere to the surface and peels off easily, as seen here.  It comes in a variety of colors and looks pretty durable too, as my gear-head friends are using it to paint car bodies and wheels.  The manufacturer states that the product's life, when used outdoors, should be up to 5 years.


Don't like the look of that lamp?  Give it a coat of Plasti Dip (no sanding or priming involved).  Gotten sick of the color?  Peel it off and paint again.  

Just think of all the mid-century DIY projects that you could take on with Plasti Dip.  I might even give it a try on that very tarnished sputnik lamp.



2 comments:

  1. Crazy! I've got to try this stuff. In fact, I think I'll do my patio furniture this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do, let me know how it goes. I've never used it myself, but my friends rave about it.

    ReplyDelete