Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Yo Adrian!



We did it!  We landed our first Adrian Pearsall!


I was shocked when, later in the evening as I loaded my find into the van, the seller remarked that I was the only one who had inquired about the chair.  That almost never happens anymore, especially with an item as desirable (and eye-catching) as an Adrian Pearsall "wing" chair.  Yes, the Mid-mod fever has made its way to St. Louis and pieces like this are getting harder to come by.  It's a good thing I got in there while the gettin' was still good.



The organic, euro-inspired style of Pearsall's design certainly is striking when compared to the overstuffed, muted furniture common today.  This chair is a BOLD statement piece.




 The color of the upholstery perfectly matches the turquoise of the couch, wouldn't you agree?  So much for toning things down.


Perfect fagas straps, upholstery, and foam?  This guy must not have seen too many behinds.  I've never seen original straps this nicely preserved.


The tag looks practically brand new as well.  These are almost always missing, torn, faded, or discolored.  It's like this piece came out of some crazy 1960's time machine.

This pick was really exciting for me.  I've had my eye on Pearsall's stuff for quite a while now, but never thought that I'd bring home one of my own.  Now all I need is a gondola sofa and coffee table to complete the set.  Let's get on it!



17 comments:

  1. That's a great looking chair! Is it staying? Does that mean someone else gets voted off the chair party island? Have a great Thanksgiving! Cheers - CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This one is a keeper. Fortunately, nobody is going to be cast away just yet. That attic is a lifesaver.

      Delete
  2. Love that chair! Saw it listed, so glad it's going to a good home! Did you see the gondola sofa listed at the same time? Such a bummer it was missing its back legs! Looks like someone grabbed it up thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah.

      I threw my hat into the ring for the Pearsall sofa just hours after listing but it was already gone. I didn't even SEE the chair! Nick shot me a text to let me know about it after he had secured the deal. Nicely done Sir! It's a beautiful addition to the house.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that gondola sofa looked like it needed a little more love than I could give. I think the back of the frame was broken as well. Hopefully it went to someone with the time/money/skill to bring it back to life.

      Delete
  3. Va-Va-VOOM! What a great chair, and how fantastic that its nearly pristine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Va-Va-Voom is right! This chair is BRIGHT. I was planning on going with more of a grey/brown/dark green/brass color scheme in the room, but I don't think this baby is gonna blend in.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic!!! I'm so happy for you. That's a gorgeous chair, and to find one in that kind of shape is almost unheard of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! I've been after Pearsall for a long time. I'd really like to get some tables and a sofa for a matching set. They're so gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. Simply awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Very pleased for you. Good looking chair for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! Everyone seems to love this one. It's a big hit!

      Delete
  6. wow wow wow what an awesome find

    ReplyDelete
  7. I join the chorus- that is one incredible find; very well preserved and great mustard upholstery. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ton! It'd go perfectly with one of your gorgeous typewriters. I'm gonna need something a little brighter than my baby blue Corona to match this guy.

      Delete
  8. I am so jealous. It is a beautiful chair and, I agree, hard to be the early bird these days to catch finds like that. Esp. with that gorgeous upholstery!!! Great score :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with your article. It’s possible to know about it and it will snow me good ways of this topic. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog.

    ReplyDelete