Friday, September 9, 2011

Walls of Jericho

So, at first I was really into these plater and lathe walls. They look great and feel extraordinarily sturdy ... that is until you attempt to do ANYTHING with them.

You see, plaster has a propensity to crack and crumble at the slightest provocation - a fact of which I was not aware until after I purchased this home. I, after growing up in my suburban drywall and sheetrock bubble, never realized that walls could be so fragile and difficult to work with.


Got some furniture finish rubbed off on the wall? Ah, we'll just clean it up with a Magic Eraser. Want to hang a picture? Just go and hammer a nail into the wall.

That's how I've always operated.

In other words, I've got some painting and repair work to do.

I was thinking about doing one of the rooms in a matte dark slate grey with semi-gloss white trim, but I'm not so sure where to go from there. Any help creating a color palate that is dramatic but at the same time neutral (I know that is a bit of a contradiction) would be greatly appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment