Friday, September 16, 2011

So my policy doesn't cover roof leaks because they are considered floods. Do they cover damage incurred when I put my foot up their @*#?

Due to an unforeseen series of events, I've been super busy over the last few days and haven't had the time to put out a decent post.  Once we get everything in order, I should be back up and running again.

This weeks festivities included:
* A roof leak at the house that is neither covered by my homeowners insurance policy or my home warranty (my reaction illustrated below)
* Walking in on my co-worker and close family friend having a heart attack and then taking his responsibilities over at work while he is in the hospital
* An unexpected funeral
* 2 cars in the shop

What fun ...


3 comments:

  1. oh my ..hope things get better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeezus...when it rains it pours. Welcome to home ownership. Sometimes it sucks. And how is a "roof leak" like a "flood"? Blood sucking insurance companies.

    BTW, didn't make it to any estate sales this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sudha - Thanks for the condolences. The roof is a real pain, but roofs can be fixed and our real concern right now is that our guy recovers. Wish him luck.

    Mr Mod - I'm pretty sure that the entire insurance industry is nothing but a scam. There is ALWAYS something that prevents them from paying out on a claim. Right now I'm wishing that I'd gone with a newer home rather than an old brick one. They look nice, but there's so many problems.

    ReplyDelete