Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Less is more." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

While looking yesterday's blog post, I noticed that I'd developed a serious problem:

A dire case of clutterosis and chintzitis!

Those who know me will attest that I am firmly anti-clutter (verging on obsessive compulsive) and that I detest anything chintzy. Yet, there it was: a collection of useless and/or distasteful crap growing right before my very eyes.

Some of it was understandable. After all, I'd had to spread out my belongings as much as possible in an attempt to fill the empty space right after the move. Much of what I had was also handed down from parents and grandparents or found in the garage. However, I've made more than a few inexcusable contributions to the mess as of late.

Some individuals posses the unique ability to tastefully select and properly place clutter in such a way that it actually looks good (see examples below).

(photo credit: Mr. Modtomic)

I am not one of those individuals. My attempts at tasteful clutter end up looking more like this (OK, not this bad, but close):


So, I decided to have a clean yesterday and removed a great deal of said crap from downstairs ... and put it in the second floor/future master bedroom/storage area. Oh well. At least it's out of sight.

1 comment:

  1. I actually lol'd into a jiggle just then- Hold off on buying anymore broken bronze ox's/ Aquarian sculptures and let me to sort you out :p

    ReplyDelete