Thats my best transcription of the noise emanating from my stomach.
In the process of clearing away the raw sewage in the basement, it appears I've picked up a wicked tummy bug. I don't even want to think how that happened, but the pipes are cleared and this whole mess is over with, which is a huge relief.
In the end, we called a plumber out. It cost about $70 to rent a pipe snake for the day from Home Depot and this guy did the whole shebang for $125. The extra $55 saved me a ton of work and potential plumbing damage, so it was definitely worth it. We got some added amusement/embarassment as well, as the snake came back with a pair of pantyhose wrapped 'round the end. I'm guessing they belong to the previous owner...
With the pipes de-hosed, the girlfriend and I set to washing away the raw sewage that had seeped in, and this is where I believe my delicate little digestive tract became infested. We were careful, but obviously not careful enough. Yuck!
So I spent this wild New Years Eve taking shots...
... of Pepto Bismol and was in bed at around 7 PM.
I did come up with a list of resolutions though. Here it goes:
1. Blog more - I need to set aside some time to update more frequently, which should be easier with my new camera.
2. Exercise and eat well - I was in tip-top shape this spring, but have let myself go a bit. Time to get toned and back down to 138 pounds.
3. Take a vacation - I never get a damn vacation.
4. Get to sleep earlier - Lots of rest will make all of these other resolutions much easier.
5. Finish the projects I've started - I've got so much to do that it's a bit overwhelming.
Anyway, I hope you all had a great end to 2011 and good luck in 2012!