Wednesday, January 25, 2012

To Do List

This likely won't be of much interest to you all, but I thought that it would be good to get everything written down.  Here is my home-related to do list for 2012:

*Replace roof
*Buy and install blinds
*Install electrical outlets in sunroom
*Install electrical outlets in second story
*Replace light switches with dimmer switches
*Fix and install sputnik chandelier
*Replant front garden
*Clean, repair, and paint garden shed
*Patch cracks in drywall/plaster
*Repair water damage in study and second story
*Paint EVERYTHING
*Have basement tile removed
*Build workbench
*Make and install storm windows
*Fix front door window
*Seal basement
*Repaint basement
*Replace basement windows with glass block
*Find room dividers/curtains for basement (to hide workroom and laundry)
*Buy and install washer and dryer
*Level back patio
*Run line for ice-maker
*Replace second story lighting
*Fix/replace drain vent pipe
*Replace toilet seat
*Paint bathtub

I know that I won't get everything done this year, but I'll give it the old college try.

3 comments:

  1. That's a pretty ambitious list, but I'm sure you'll get a lot of it done. I can't wait to see photos as the work progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're planning on repainting.

    If there's one thing I despise, it's seeing some poor vintage home slathered in Tasteless 2000's neutrals. Ever notice people always pick the same shade of beige?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, this is the standard "flipper taupe". I think I might go with pure white and then throw some slate gray/brown/green accent walls in there

    ReplyDelete