Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Things without all remedy should be without regard. What's done is done."

Ahhhh.  Cold medicine, antibiotics, and a full night of sleep were just what I needed.  Never underestimate the power of a Saturday lay-in to cure what ails you.

Unfortunately that lay-in meant that I missed what was probably the greatest estate sale weekend of the last few months.  One sale alone had a Broyhill Brasilia bedroom set, Brasilia dining set, and an American of Martinsville bedroom set.  That's practically a whole house-full of my favorite mid-mod furniture right there.

Ok, so I may have made a mistake.  Surely I could have dealt with one more day of ickyness and sleep deprivation if it meant a chance to get in on the action.  Oh well.











Also, congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals on their World Series win!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Console yourself in the knowledge that there's plenty of Brasilia and American of Martinsville out there. You'll have the chance to buy it another time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as well you took that lay in. You buy another dining room set and i'm opening a cafe whilst you are at work this christmas break. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope u are feeling better...the house looks like an MCM heaven...u ll see better collections..dont worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana - Thanks! Me too. I was beginning to think that I wasn't going to pull through.

    Sparrow - We ONLY have two dining room sets at the moment. I think we are in need a few more.

    Sudha - Thanks! We're only just starting so it's a work-in-progress, but I do what I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a good weekend to be buyin' here in the StL. The sale with the Broyhill Brasilia and American Of Martinsville was a little too pricey even though I ended up buying a set of three Lane living room tables. I balked at the dining and bedroom suite. Just a little too pricey for me. There were tons of other sales though. Plenty to go around! Thanks for coming to our lil' Halloween party. We were glad you could make it!

    ReplyDelete