Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Just in time for Halloween ...

we've got clown paintings!


How some twisted individual's mind conceived what is simultaneously the most tasteless and the most terrifying trend in home decor, I'll never know.  Even more mystifying is why people actually bought them.


Did they really find these things stylish and attractive, or was it an attempt at irony?



Were they placed throughout the whole house, or was it just a trend in children's rooms?  If the latter, I bet that there is a strong correlation between the presence of a clown painting in one's childhood bedroom and the likelihood of growing up to become a serial killer.


If I ever found this painting in my home, I would place it face-down, burn it, scatter the ashes, and attend many therapy sessions.

Source: Why I Hate Clowns

The crazy part is, I see people carting these things out of estate sales all of the time.  Just a few weeks ago, I attended a sale where a woman showed up at the crack of dawn just to have a chance to add a few pieces to her creepy clown collection.  Is there some sort of market for them?

Actually, never mind.  I don't even want to know.  I just want to never have to see them again.

... and I'll leave you with this:


2 comments:

  1. Too Gacy-esque for me too. Ewwwwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. They totally creep me out. Thanks for stopping by my blog. The chair you inquired about is a Dux lounger and the fabric is original to the chair. We got a trailer full of Dux pieces for free from a client of my husbands. Our best score to date.

    ReplyDelete