Monday, October 3, 2011

House Envy

These weekends just seem to go faster and faster.

I'd planned to clean and install the Sputnik chandelier on Saturday, but never got to it as I just can't commit to rubbing it down with Brasso.  I wouldn't want to ruin a great piece of history like that, so I think I'll hold off until I find a tutorial or someone with experience removing tarnish from them.

I did have a great BBQ with the family though.  There's nothing like a warm, sunny fall day and bratwurst on the Weber Kettle.  We've also got leftovers waiting in the fridge, so that gives me something to look forward to at the end of a long Monday.

As far as the house goes, not much went on this weekend.  A few estate sales looked interesting, but nothing really caught my eye.  In the end, I decided to sit this one out, but I still managed to bring a few new additions home.  Stay tuned and I'll post them soon.

I also found this cool mid-century home that just came on the market in southwest St. Louis for.  Man, I wish I'd waited until this one was available.  It just needs a little kitchen rehab, some new carpet, and a fresh coat of paint.  It's in a great neighborhood and just $165,000 to boot.  Looking at these pictures makes me want to take out a second mortgage.  Somebody stop me!











5 comments:

  1. Wow... That house sure is... interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great price on that house. If it were sitting in the middle of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, I'd put a For Sale sign in front of my house in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More on the neighborhood this house is in at: http://modernridgewood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete