Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mod UK Part 2

For all of those who say that St. louis has great thrift traps, take a gander at London.  They do thrifting on a whole different level!

That Scandinavian teak and other assorted Mid-Century goodness had my tongue wagging.




















All this was from TWO stops at the thrift store.  You heard right: TWO STOPS!  I've never seen a single teak credenza in any St. Louis thrift and here they were, stacked to the ceiling and practically being given away...

... and yes, a small part of me did die when I realized that none of it would fit in my suitcase.

6 comments:

  1. We started our store on teak credenzas and other pieces imported from England. I still have several that I love, including my Remploy dropfront desk, a corner china cabinet and a great bar cart.

    I bet you were in heaven surrounded by all that teak goodness! Too bad you couldn't send a container full of it back to St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I might ask, could you possibly give some tips on bringing stuff over from the UK? I'm thinking about getting together a few pieces and bringing them over. Teak is impossible to find in St. Louis!

      Delete
  2. That or ... you could just move to England. Just sayin' ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about you move into my mid-century house instead. Just sayin' :P

      Delete
  3. HOLY MOSES! What lines, what curves, I knew the UK had the ever coveted "boat bar" but I had NO IDEA they had this much going on?! I love that blonde squatty dressing table with tall rectangular mirrior. Surley you could frieght some pieces over?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it all :( Too bad the freight would cost many times more than it would to buy them.

      Delete