Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sighting

Once you get bit by the MCM bug, it's nigh on impossible to stop yourself pointing out pieces in advertisements, TV shows, and films, often to the great annoyance of your friends and relatives.

They might not be as enthused as me when I begin yammering on about furniture, but I thought that I would share my latest sighting with all of you.





See that bookshelf in this screencap of the 1973 cop drama (starring Al Pacino) Serpico?  That's my bookshelf!




I'm used to seeing more popular pieces like the work of Saarinen and Eames, but sitting in my office watching this scene with the same random bookshelf sitting right next to me was kinda strange.

I also just HAD to screencap these rather amusing shots of Always Sunny's Charlie in a pink womb chair and of Mad Men's Don Draper in pink, girly sunglasses:



Yes, I'm a geek.

12 comments:

  1. Hey it's okay. Luckily all of us like geeks (cause we are too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my brother into it too now, so at least I'm not alone. Now I've just got to work on the girlfriend.

      Delete
  2. I was at the Homegoods in Kirkwood earlier this week and they had the replica George Nelson large wall clocks in there for 39.99.... I snagged one! I just wanted to say every time I see those clocks I think of you!! There were a couple left so go check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were they the walnut and chrome ones? You know I've got a thing for Nelson clocks.

      Delete
    2. Yes it was a walnut / chrome one. I picked up a red spike. I am more into gold tones so I left the walnut one behind... :)

      Delete
  3. I love it! My SIL and I drive everyone crazy pointing out vintage furniture in movies and TV shows. Yes, Rebecca...we're all geeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if this is a recent thing or if I just didn't notice it in the past because I knew little of modern furniture, but the stuff is everywhere in the media.

      Delete
  4. I have the same JB Van Sciver room divider sitting in my living room. I love MC spotting. I watch old Bond movies just for the decor! Oh, and the Demi Moore, Michael Caine movie Flawless has wonderful fashion and furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The room divider is one of my favorite pieces that I've brought home. They're so useful too.

      Delete
  5. I'm guilty of this too. I noticed some familiar looking lighting fixtures in the cafeteria on Community from last week and screenshot it. http://25.media.tumblr.com/040a1b3578ac32cf96ffd0feaf1ca155/tumblr_ml4o7ndLJF1qz6pc6o1_500.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go see Silver Linings Playbook. In the main character's house, there are at least three Curtis Jere wall that I totally covet!

    ReplyDelete