Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Alert

The Foundry hasn't had any particularly good sales as of late, but they definitely made up for that today.  It's a Mid-Mod lighting bonanza!





I'm particularly interested in their replica Arco lamp, which is a full $150 cheaper than I've ever seen them go anywhere.  According to the reps, it has the squared arch and rectangular base as well, which most of the knockoffs do not (even if they show pictures on their site that have them, they tend to do a bait-and-switch).  My own uses a flat, circular base and a cheapo-looking steel tube arm.

There are plenty of other great options at super-low prices too (Yes, I actually spend a good deal of time tracking these things.  That's the only way someone like me could ever afford modern lighting).  I've pictured a few of my favorites below, but sign up here and check them all out.







9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do love the Foundry. They don't have great buys every day, but occasionally you'll come across some unbelievable sales. You've got to keep an eye out and move quickly. Within the last month they've had bullet planters for $28, Jere Birds In Flight sculptures for $190, and a few others.

      Delete
  2. Last time I was at Menard's they had something very similar to that last light -- the hanging pendant lamp. Can't remember the price but it was cool and I don't think it was that expensive...maybe $100?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really like that style. I'm thinking about upgrading my builder-grade light fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom and might get something similar.

      Delete
  3. I've been getting the daily/weekly feeds from the Foundry since I picked up 5 of the George Nelson styled clocks awhile back. Definetely worth browsing on a regular basis! Thanks for the heads up on the clocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think they've got another coming up tomorrow, so look out!

      Delete
  4. been a great fan of the arclamp...so many posts to catch up ...hope u are doing well nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Haven't seen you around in a while. You planning on getting back into blogging?

      Delete
  5. I'm kicking myself for missing this one. I finally picked up one of the clocks today though! I've missed all the previous clock sales.

    ReplyDelete