Monday, June 25, 2012

"I won't never be nothin' but a cowboy"

Meet Bessie, our newest addition to the household.


Gorgeous, isn't she?  A real Brazilian tri-color stunner, I'd say.

Not only is cowhide easy on the eyes, it's also incredibly practical with a mix of durability, stain resistance, and retro-modern flair that you won't find in any other material.  In addition, the rug has proven surprisingly soft and comfortable underfoot. 

A small part of me may have also wanted one because, as an animal by-products salesman, I found the inclusion of a large, dead animal in my decor very apt.


So that's the great rug dilemma solved!  Those of you who were with me back in the beginning can now breathe a sigh of relief.  We've finally turned the page on that chapter of our epic decorating saga.  There will be no more posts agonizing over which floor covering to bring home.  I promise... at least for a while. 

Many thanks go to Second Hand Hannah, because without her I'd still be a bare-floored savage.

So, in honor of Hannah and Bessie, here's a little Western tune by a favorite artist of mine, Slackeye Slim. 

12 comments:

  1. Well, howdy, Bessie. You're a right purty thang, fer shore. :) You're heard of Old English? That's Old Texan.

    Bessie is perfect. Thank goodness you can breathe easy now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she's a purdy lady isn't she. Now to convince the girlfriend.

      Delete
  2. That's a gorgeous solution! Ironically enough, I am a vegetarian and still catch myself lusting over large hide rugs and sheepskins galore. But they're so beautiful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, and they're super practical to boot!

      Delete
  3. The rug looks great! I'm glad your happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to sit on said rug, eat a stake drink milk and finish it off with a bowl of Ice Cream. Welcome Betsie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I'd do that any time, with or without a new rug.

      Delete
  5. Holy cow, that works quite well. ( ;
    Seriously, very nice living room setup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking Good! Congrats on finding the perfect rug for your space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Nell. You have no idea how much I mulled this decision over.

    ReplyDelete