Friday, June 22, 2012

Around the Office: A Little Fishy

Sometimes you find stuff in the oddest places.

A good while back I came across this kitschy, retro cutting board while making a sandwich in the office kitchen.





I knew I'd seen that design somewhere, but just couldn't recall the source and it nagged at me for months.

Source: Vitra

"As a truly multi-talentent designer, George Nelson was also successful as a graphic designer.  His Zoo Timers - strongly colourful personalities from the animal kingdom - contrast sharply with his sculptural wall clocks from the 1950s thanks to their graphic touch. The Zoo Timers offer children a playful and enjoyable approach to telling the time."

That is until I came upon this thumbnail and description on the Vitra website.

A Japanese cutting board knockoff of a George Nelson "Zoo Timer" clock?  How strange and unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment