Monday, February 16, 2015

Fiber Art

Fiber art: some hate it, some can't get enough

If you fall in with the latter crowd, but can't find any fiber goodness in your area, you might want to check out your local Target.

Yep, Target, the prolific purveyor of cheap "dsigner-inspired" home goods, has taken another formerly-niche decor item and brought it to the masses.  I saw this display while out shopping for moving pads and thought that it was just too good not to share.


I wasn't able to free it from the packaging, but the display actually makes it look fairly decent.

 

Grated, it is no magnificent, shaggy beast like my Don Freedman (below), but it has the look and you can head out and pick one up today rather than waiting around for the real deal to pop up on Craigslist.


2 comments:

  1. It's going to be hard to beat yours, even if a vintage one pops up. As for the Nate Berkus stuff, I have some towels he designed for Target, and I've been very pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of the fiber, but ya gotta love Target. ;)

    ReplyDelete