Monday, November 17, 2014

Chicago Trip

While most of my Chicago vacation was taken up with Halloween parties and Mexican food, I did make a few shopping trips.  You didn't think I'd come all that way and miss favorite Swedish homegoods store, did you?


It seems like every time that I pay Ikea a visit, they've got a few more MCM-inspired pieces on display.  Some might scoff at such things, but I'm actually a big fan.  These pieces look great and would suit anyone who is in the market for new rather than used.  Can't wait for the new location to open in St. Louis.



Aren't these armchairs cool? The one on the left is a reproduction of an actual model that they introduced back in the 1960's.


This surprisingly solid credenza is stained to look like teak and has all the wiring cutouts,  drawers, and shelves that you'd need for a modern media center.  My 1960's credenza required some jerry-rigging and cutting in order to fit everything inside, so that might be a big plus for some.


4 comments:

  1. By any chance do you know the name of the MCM looking set? I was just at a Canadian Ikea hoping they had the Arjeplog light (apparently only available in the UK!) and didn't seen those there (available in the US, woot!) Ikea is really bringing back the classics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grey lounge and sofa set? I'll have a look at the full size images and see if I can read the tags in a bit.

      Delete
    2. Looks like the name on the tags is "Ekenaset".

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! I love reading stories like this, you must have been so proud. Hope you're all doing well now!

    ReplyDelete