Monday, July 7, 2014

A Visitor

I knew from the get-go that a full load of CISCO Networking classes was a tall order for someone with a full-time job, but this whole ordeal has me stressed to the max.  12 homework assignments, 280 pages of reading and 2 tests to study for over the holiday weekend?  That's bananas!

I did have a certain visitor stop by to keep me company though the first couple weeks though.




Yep, Mr. Modtomic's kitty shacked up here while mom and dad were away on vacation.  He wasn't too keen on the change in scenery, but eventually came around.


After the first week or so, I practically couldn't keep him away.


Just look at those faces.


I did shoehorn in some MCM time (and a pretty solid 4th of July shindig), but most of my shopping is done on eBay as of late.  While it's generally much, much pricier than Craigslist, there are a few under-priced gems out there, like this architectural pottery-style planter and base.


I've no idea about the identity of the maker (no marks), but couldn't pass it up.


Let's just say that I paid nowhere near the crazytown prices that people are asking for real architectural pottery planters.


Well, that's it for now.  I better get back to the grindstone.  Hope you all had a happy and wonderful 4th!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you could pop up for a few minutes to let us know you're still around. Working full-time and taking a full load of classes...wow, I'm impressed! I just finished three Coursera courses at one time, and I felt like all I did was take quizzes and do written assignments.

    Love that planter! Glad you got it at a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! That sounds like so much fun! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment on my blog! Take care!
    House Designed

    ReplyDelete