Monday, October 28, 2013

Bull

Not much going on with the collection as of late.  Things have been fairly slow on Craigslist and I've been kept busy with work, chores, the St. Louis Cardinals, and some good well-deserved relaxation.

You know me though.  I can't go too long with out getting my Modernism fix.





So here's my latest purchase, a silver Dansk bull paperweight.  Most of these 2-3" figures sold as singles, but this particular piece came as a set packaged with a matching bear.  I assume that it was marketed as an office gift for professional traders as most of the ones that I've found online are engraved with individual or company names.



With my connection to the meatpacking industry and my identification as an Ox in the Chinese Zodiac calendar, it makes for a perfect desk ornament even without its mate.


3 comments: