Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Special Delivery


We here at Mid-Century Midwest are not frequent mail recipients.  Oh, we get the occasional coupon pack, credit application, or bill, but the whole of my inbound correspondence generally goes straight to the recycling bin.  So when a package arrives, it's almost like Christmas.  What could be inside?!


Well, this looks promising.


Ta-da!  It's another Verichron replica George Nelson clock.  Yes, I've already got a few of these hanging around, but who couldn't use some more George Nelson goodness in their life?  I certainly can't get enough.




The starburst replicas are especially well-built, with a thick, powder-coated face (no plastic here),  stained wood arms, and the proper dimensions.  One would be hard-pressed to find any major differences between them and the official Vitras, which will set you back 5+ times as many bones.



So, that's one more for the collection.  Next up on my dream clock purchase list: a replica George Nelson 30" turbine clock.  That's gonna take a little savin'.




7 comments:

  1. I love Special Deliveries! That clock is fantastic...what a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca. I hope to get a whole wall of Nelson clocks started soon.

      Delete
  2. The collection is looking really good! They kind of addicting, aren't they?

    I've been pleased with all mine too, with the exception of a Medallion that was sent to me in error when I ordered a Steering Wheel on closeout for $38. By the time it came, they were sold out of the one I wanted. The Medallion is very poorly made, but they gave me a decent credit and let me keep it too, so I'll sell it on CL eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they certainly are. Where did you order from? Some of the places that sell replicas are pretty shifty. Once I get some cash saved up, I'm going for that turbine replica. Man, that thing looks sweet.

      Delete
  3. It's always fun getting packages and when it contains a George Nelson clock? Well, that's Christmas in a box, no? Love the clocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deals! https://shop.thefoundary.com/daily/george-nelson_e4466.html

    ReplyDelete